December 8, 2010

A book

My name is Paige, which if you ask anybody they would probably say is a good name for an author. Of course in some cheesy way, but none the less, it is kind of humorous...that is IF you have my sense of humor. Which from experience I do not think most people do. For example, when I watch TV with multiple people, I am normally the only one to laugh out loud. But this was not the point of the post...moving on.

The point is, as I said in the last post, I want to write a book. I want to write a book about my life and the struggles in it and the many victories that have come along with it. I know that every single person in the whole world could write a book about just that in their own lives, so there is my dilemma. How do I make mine different? How do I make mine stand out? If it recommends I am some writer with an extensive vocabulary and elegant speech...then I'm out. If it recommends I tell my story the way others want me to tell it or how they wish to hear it...I'm out. The only way I can make this work is if the people want to read a true story, about a real life, about real obstacles - large and small, about overcoming those obstacles AND all from a 24 year old who has only written high school and college level essays. Which, when you think about it...I really haven't seen all that much. I hopefully have only lived a quarter of my life, but it has been a very jam packed quarter. When I read an autobiography...which this is to an extent, they never really start from the beginning of a person's life. They all start with a story about themselves at a turning point in their lives. They also all seem to have been famous for one thing or another; they were the President, or an Oscar winning movie star or some serial killer. Me...well again, I'm just your average mid twenties young woman who has survived life to this point. I haven't had a disease that almost took my life, or one huge life changing moment, I've just had life. I know you all know what I'm talking about, life.

You know...life. It kicks you down, makes you think you can get back up and then knocks you down again. Sometimes it even DOES let you up...and just when you think you've got it all figured out it trips you again. (Side note: I believe in the Heavenly Father above, and I do not believe in karma or that is it actually "LIFE" that does these things, I know that the Lord above has a plan - my plan? No. But He has a plan - life as I am describing it) This is where I start to confuse you and myself. I am not saying that God is who knocks us down, just to trip us again. I'm just saying that sometimes the plan we are on, the path God has given us has a lot more potholes than we are expecting. I am saying that just because we love God, believe in Him and serve Him does not mean that life is going to be easy, simple or always enjoyable. What I can tell you though is that after this life, after these potholes and the hard times...we will have a time that is always easy, simple & enjoyable with Him in Heaven. No, I am not trying to preach, but I am hoping that after you read some more, you will see why I love Him ever so much and why I believe that His plan is the BEST plan there is.

This isn't an introduction, just something to get my juices flowing. Hopefully this'll do something. If I do write a book, this is the best way for me to start. Just writing. Just writing about different parts of my life. When I think about it, sometimes I think my life would be better portrayed as a soap opera rather than a book, but oh well. For now we'll work on it being a blog. I'll just write memories, scenarios - the good, the bad and the very ugly. Let's see how this goes!

No comments: